Friday, December 27, 2013

Making and Wrapping Bulk Christmas Gifts

This is the time of year that I try to come up with gift ideas that I can make in bulk. 
I have 18 friends at church and 13 co-workers to whom I give gifts and that can get pretty expensive! To keep the costs down, I try to give handmade gifts.
 
 
Something else that adds up is the wrapping.
This year I used white paper bags, mailing labels, and decorative tape to make my own gift bags.

 
I cut off about the top 3 1/2" of the bag, then folded the top down and sealed it closed with one or two pieces of decorative tape.
Instead of regular gift tags, I used some old mailing labels.

 
Kinda cute and unique, huh?
Can't beat the price of these!
 
 
My co-workers received a bracelet with a quote.
 
My hubby curved the quote plaques for me. Then I attached a chain and clasp.

 
I bought the Tim Holtz quote charms at Hobby Lobby.
They're regularly $7.99 for a set of 12, but I used my 40% off coupon on two packs.
I also bought a roll of chain for 40% off of $11.99.
I already had the pearls and clasps.
Each bracelet cost around $1 and I have lots of chain and quote plaques left over
to make additional bracelets.
 
 
For the gifts for my church friends, I made ornaments.
I used burlap and sewed small birds.
Some have cotton wings with a word stamped on them.

 
And some have small pieces of vintage doilies for wings.

 
Over the years, I've chosen a  few different projects that could be done in bulk and given as gifts.
 
If you have any ideas for bulk Christmas gifts, please leave me a comment!
I'm always up for good ideas:)
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God
Psalm 147:1
 

No comments: