Friday, December 6, 2013

Hung By the Chimney With Care


Every year, my mom hangs stockings at her house for everybody in the family. This year she decided to get all new stockings. She had me pick out mine. I decided on one made from a burlap potato sack. I found it on Ebay.

 
This is what it looked like when we got it in the mail.
It's cute, but I thought it could be cuter.

 
So I started by cutting off the large button and jingle bell.
 
 
Then I hot glued some 1" beige lace along the top.

 
I added a second trim- a burlap band that has pearl loops (which are hard to see in this photo).

 
Then I made a rosette out of dark blue fabric.
Unfortunately, it was not quite the same shade of blue as the printing on the burlap.

 
I thought about tea staining it, but I didn't want to allow for the extra drying time.
Instead I sprayed it with some walnut ink spray.
It only took a few moments to dry.

 
Then I attached it to the stocking.

 
My final touch was a tan button that I glued to the center of the rosette.

 
Ta-da! What do you think?
Don't you just love printed burlap?!?
 
If you see a stocking, but it isn't quite what you want, make your own adjustments. If you use a glue gun, it's easy! No sewing machine needed:)
 
Thanks for stopping by and God bless.
 
Let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth.
1 John3:18
 

No comments: