Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Birthday Sam!




This precious boy turns 14 today. In celebration of this day, I thought I'd share 14 facts about Sam.

1. He was due on Dec. 25, but made his entrance into this world on Dec. 1. I was more than a little nervous about him being born so early, but he came out so perfect and tiny.

2.  He was a very content and quiet baby. Even when he was hungry, he usually just let out one "Waa!"

3. He learned sign language when he was one, so he was signing to us before he could talk. I worked full-time so my sister and mom watched him a lot. (My sister is deaf which is how the sign language came into play.) It was darling watching his little chubby hands tell us that he wanted pretzels or water.

4. He loved his brother from the start. He was only twenty months old when Ethan came along, and I don't remember a moment of jealousy on his part. I have all kinds of photos of him smooching his baby brother.

5. He went through a period where he asked permission to do everything. He would look at us and in his little chipmunk voice say, "Would that be fine?"

6. He has always loved Legos- and actually still plays with them. Even though he's turning fourteen, besides a basketball hoop, Lego sets were the only thing he put on his wish list.

7. He is so quick to help out. Now that he's so big and strong, he actually takes pride in being able to lift heavy things and bring in several bags of groceries at one time. I usually don't have to ask him to help me; if he sees that I need something, he gets up and does it.

8. He's quite the gentleman: he opens doors for others, uses manners, and is courteous.

9. He's very shy. . . almost to the point of coming across as aloof or rude. But if you get him talking about something he loves, there's no shutting him up!

10. He is already 5'10", 190 pounds, and wearing a size 11 shoe. Yowza. He's just at the beginning of puberty- I'm wondering how big he's going to get!

11. He is so smart. He learns so quickly. Now that I home school, I see this more clearly than ever.

12. He is really into Aviator sunglasses. I've bought him three pairs already. When he's not wearing them, they are usually resting on his head. I even caught him trying to wear them in church the other day!

13. He loves Oreos- and has loved them since he was about two years old!

14. He has a dimple at the top of his right cheek. He wasn't born with it though. When he was in preschool, he fell against the edge of a table and it left a little dent. We think it adds charm:)

I am blessed beyond belief to have this young man in my life.

Happy Birthday Sam. I love you to the moon and back.


Thanks for stopping by and God bless.

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7

No comments: